2015-01-09

BEAST - 星になって(Hoshi ni Natte/To Become A Star) Lyrics + Translation

First translation of 2015! yay
Sooo Yana JH requested a translation for BEAST's Japanese version of "When the Door Closes", now titled "To Become a Star"! I'll admit, the difficult part of this is trying to listen intently to the performance, note every word, and interpret them while ensuring that the sentence makes sense, especially because I don't have any reference at first. Luckily I finally got some references from fans who happened to watch the performance live!
Well, here comes the lyrics and translations! Do feel free to correct me if you find any mistakes in the Japanese lyrics or English translations! ^^; even raccoons make mistakes sometimes
Love, mihoshi


Japanese Lyrics


Hoshi ni natte anata wa boku dake
Ima mo kiezu hitori no kokoro naka de zutto
(Kawaranai) mama hikatteru

Boku mo hoshi ni naritakute
Negatte miru dake ima wa tada no imi no nai
(Nagare)boshi ni natte kieteku

Hajimete koi wa aozora no sore yori mo hateshinaku kagayaku
Owari no nai tokoro no kosumosu ga marude bokutachi mitai de
Ima wa nanimo nai kurayami no naka wo hitori aruku
Nanimo mieshinai yoru wo keshiteru

Hoshi ni natte anata wa boku dake
Ima mo kiezu hitori no kokoro naka de zutto
Kawaranai mama hikatteru

Boku mo hoshi ni naritakute
Negatte miru dake ima wa tada no imi no nai
Nagareboshi ni natte kieteku

Asa ga kite boku mienakunatte mo
Anata dake zutto soba de terashiteagetai

Hoshi ni natte anata wa boku dake
Ima mo kiezu hitori no kokoro naka de zutto
Kawaranai mama hikatteru

Boku mo hoshi ni naritakute
Negatte miru dake ima wa tada no imi no nai
Nagareboshi ni natte kieteku


English Translation

You who had become a star
To me, even now you haven’t disappeared
Within this lone heart, always shining like (you have always been)

I, too, want to become a star
Only hope now already has no meaning at all
To become a (shooting) star and disappear

Our first love shines eternally, even more than that of the blue sky
The cosmos of an endless place is just like us
Right now there’s no more of that, I’m walking alone amidst the darkness
Passing nights when I can see nothing

You who had become a star
To me, even now you haven’t disappeared
Within this lone heart, always shining like you have always been

I, too, want to become a star
Only hope now already has no meaning at all
To become a shooting star and disappear

Even though I would no longer be visible when morning comes
I want to shine on you by your side, always

You who had become a star
To me, even now you haven’t disappeared
Within this lone heart, always shining like you always been

I, too, want to become a star
Only hope now already has no meaning at all
To become a shooting star and disappear

**note: words in brackets are parts of the lyrics which were supposed to be there, but were not sung in the video

18 comments:

  1. Hi Mihoshi, could I borrow ur trans to do the subtitle for "Become a star" FMV? Of course, I'll add the credit clearly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! As long as you include the link to this blog in your video description, you can use my translations! It would be awesome if you send me the link of the finished video as well *^^*

      Delete
    2. I hope u enjoy it: http://youtu.be/r9pni0rzUt4

      Do u have Twitter or Facebook? U're so kind and friendly, I really want to talk to u more :*. Eventually, Im very grateful to u for the translation :X

      Delete
    3. Awesome! I rarely watch FMVs but I definitely like this one! *o*
      And awww, you just made my night! Translating songs is my hobby and it makes me REALLY happy when somebody likes my work!
      Omg you're really sweet ;; sadly, all I have is a rotten twitter account :/ I don't really use it anymore :/
      We still can talk here or in tumblr though! *^^*

      Delete
    4. ya~ I also use Tumblr, and I also follow ur tumblr yesterday. But I dont know how to give message T^T.
      Ah, you can't imagine how helpful u gave to our subteam, we really wanted to engsub and vietsub this song but we don't know Japanese. 3 weeks ago, we searched the Eng-trans on the Internet... and couldn't find anything~ we thought that we should give up and do another songs. Luckily, I suffered on Twitter and saw someone tweet ur blog :P.
      In addition, I and my friend created and managed JunHyungvn page on Facebook, and JHvn Subteam on Youtube. Next time, I hope that we could have another chance to sub by your translation :*

      Nite nite Mihoshi <3. You can call me "Na"

      Delete
    5. Woah really? You find this blog from Twitter? :o oh my god. Aw stop that, you're making me cry ;u; I'm just a small blog, the amount of love you're showing me is seriously touching ;u; come here and let me give you a biiiiig hug <3
      Okay okay Na ^w^ if you have a translation request, don't hesitate~ I'll be happy to work on it :3

      Delete
    6. ah, I'm sorry for replying your cmt lately. Currently, I've gotten some busy business. Well, about translation request, I got some difficult in translating the talk parts in Beautiful Show (Do u know Beast's Beautiful Show?). My friend in subteam know the Korean, but... unfortunately, in this Show, they used a lot of Japanese. If u have free time, may u help us? The conversation was not too long.

      My email is t.q.g140@gmail.com; My Twitter is @TQG21

      Delete
    7. anw, recently, I really love Akatsuki No Yona amine. Do u know it? The content, characters, images, songs... anything... I love all of them. I'm interested in some kind of stories like ancient stories, adventure... let's me remember... Basara by Yumi Tamura, and so on :P

      Delete
    8. Ah, Beautiful Show! Yes yes, I've heard of it but I haven't seen it (it's embarrassing but it's been a while since the last time I kept on track with Beast's updates ;u;)
      I don't know dear, translating videos are much different from translating lyrics and to be honest, I have no experience with translating and subbing videos :(( I have to watch the raw video first before I decide if I can help :((

      Delete
    9. by the way, I followed you on Twitter! I'm @onionleader! :D

      Delete
  2. Mihoshi-nim, thank you very much for your translation. You may don't know how much I've been craving for the translation of their Japanese songs. Thank again and really wish you to be part of B2UTY family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're most welcome dear! It's one of my happiest moment when somebody likes my translation, even taking some of their precious time to comment ;w; thank you for the love, it means so much to me~

      Delete
    2. no problem. I'm used to B2ST-way of appreciating people :))) fighting! x0x0

      Delete
  3. Hi! I have just come across with your blog and I am so happy. 'Cause I have trouble with finding BEAST's Japanese songs lyrics - especially finfing this version and the full version of More Than You Think I cant help crying :) Thanks for your translations :) And if it doesn't matter I ask for a favor. Can you please translate new single of BEAST - Can't Wait to Love You ^^ Iwould be much happier if you accept :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Awwww thank you so much for the love you show me and this blog :") I'm deeply sorry for keeping you waiting for too long, but it's here! http://futaridehitori.blogspot.com/2015/07/beast-cant-wait-to-love-you-lyrics.html I hope you enjoy! c:

      Delete