2015-01-11

Song Jieun - 見つめないで (Don't Look at Me Like That Japanese Ver.) Lyrics + Translation

I had been a TS stan since I encountered B.A.P three years ago and I liked TS's other artists too. This one is part of the solo single of Secret member Song Jieun. The Korean version of this song was published ages ago; I don't even remember how many months ago, but tonight was the first time I actually listened to it. I immediately felt like a failure, really. THE SONG WAS SUPER GOOD. REALLY. THE MV WAS AWESOME TOO.
I went frenzy when I learned that this song had a Japanese version. The Korean lyrics already had the nice vibe and deep meaning, so I was super excited to listen to the Japanese version and translate it. It's really tough because even after I spent hours surfing in YouTube, Dailymotion, Nico and Ameba, I  still couldn't find the Japanese version. How-e-ver! I managed to find a live version of Jieun singing the song and I decided to use that as a reference! YAY XD
And so, here comes the lyrics and translation! I'm not 100% sure with my ears though, so there might be words that I misinterpreted. I would be really happy if anyone who has the link to the clear version of this song is willing to share with me :3
Anyways, this and this are the two videos I used as reference. If you find any mistake in the lyrics after listening to the song, kindly tell me! Thank you!
I talked too much... again. Welp.
love, mihoshi


Japanese Lyrics


Yuganda machi de iki wo hisome
Inori wo sasage futari dakiatta
Nemure nemure urei wa mune ni shimatte
Nemure nemure ichiru no hikari motomete

Kesanaide kotoba yori tashika na ai aitai
Koboreteku itoshisa no omosa wa, darling, darenimo kakarenai kara

Kodoku ni furue asu wo matteiru
Nemure nemure nikushimi sotto shizumete
Dore dake dore dake sakebeba omoi todoku yo

Furimuite mune no oku sasayaku koe kikoetemo
Kurikaesu ayamachi no rensa wa, darling, darenimo todokenai kara

Tell me what is wrong
Tell me what is wrong
Tesaguri de sagasu kedo
Nani ga ai de nani ga tsumi nano
Wakaranai shinjitsu sae mo

Kesanaide kotoba yori tashika na ai aitai
Koboreteku itoshisa no omosa wa, darling, darenimo kakarenai kara


English Translation

Within this distorted city, we conceal our breath
The two of us embraced, offering our prayers
Sleep, sleep, put the sorrow in our chests
Sleep, sleep, look for the silver ray of light**

Rather than words that can’t be erased, I want to find a certain love
Because darling, no one should suffer from the weight of an overflowing love

I’m trembling in loneliness, waiting for tomorrow
Sleep, sleep, let the hatred submerge slowly
To what extent, to what extent do I have to scream for my feelings to arrive?

Even though I hear the whispering voice within a turning heart
Because the chains of perpetual mistakes will never let me reach anyone, darling

Tell me what is wrong
Tell me what is wrong
I fumble around looking for it, but
What is love, and what is sin?
I can’t understand such reality

Rather than words that can’t be erased, I want to find a certain love
Because darling, no one should suffer from the weight of an overflowing love


**note: 'ichiru' means 'thread' or 'rays of silver(hope)'

8 comments:

  1. I was shocked to find out that Don't look at me like that had a japanese version. I mean I'm super late. I love that song to death. It's my anthem song. And I accidentally find out it has a jap version! WOW. I love JiEun. Too bad there's no studio version of it.
    Thanks for the lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also found this accidentally while browsing YouTube and I'm so hyped! It's such an amazing song :DD
      You're welcome! Glad you like it!

      Delete
    2. There's studio, at least, I found it.

      Delete
    3. Btw, can I use your English translation to translate the song into Russian?

      Delete
    4. You found a studio version? That's great! Also yes, you may use my English translation to translate it into another language as long as you put it in the credits! (i will also appreciate if you send me the link to the finished product!) c:

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. It was released in CD. Titled 25 Japanese. I just found it now omg and I'm super late. I do love this song too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh i see! i wish they would release it on streaming platforms as well.. it's too good!

      Delete