2014-07-12

It's not about religion; it's about humanity

For just a moment, let’s all ignore the difference of our nationality, our religion and whatnot. Let’s just stand up and hold hands as humans.
I have been seeing hundreds of posts under the tag #prayforgaza and they were horrible, to say to the least. You see a father holding the remains of his daughter, a baby clinging to his father’s lifeless body, mothers holding their children outside their destroyed house, and more. True, it happened, and is still happening out there. It’s no longer a religion issue; it’s a matter of humanity.
Sadly, I saw people blaming each other about this. A lot of people is spreading hate about Jews, specifically Israelis, while Israelis (and some Americans I saw) counterattack by stating that Muslims are terrorists. It terrifies me on how easily the media affects us. Our view about a matter is limited by which channel shows us the story. And it also terrifies me that a lot of people who support Palestine starts spewing hate on Israel… using lots of curse words under the excuse of ‘praying for Gaza’.
That’s not how it works. That’s not how everything works. We can't fight hate with hate. Stop generalizing people. I don't know what people think, but I choose to believe that there are Jews out there that cares deeply for Palestine. There are Israelis that cry out of disgust at their own country for killing innocents. Not all Israelis support what their government did. Those who understand opposes. The rest simply took in what the government told them. Alas, the government that they believed shielded their eyes from so many things.
Ugh, I don’t even know what to say anymore.
Israeli government tells the society that they’re ‘fighting against terrorists’ ‘only responding to what Palestinians started’. And in order to do that, they just have to bombard Gaza with missiles every single day and night, destroying homes, tearing families apart, killing innocent children that they called terrorists.
Children under five, terrorists? Really?
Above all else, I’m disappointed. Remembering the Holocaust, the Jews are the ones who know best how it’s like to be powerless. How it’s like to have millions of their family killed ruthlessly. How it's like to have their life destroyed. So why are they doing this to the Palestinians now? It’s definitely not revenge, since Palestinians had nothing to do with the Holocaust. It's definitely not self-defense.
I had a bazillion of things going around in my mind, but somehow I just couldn’t bring myself to type anything that makes sense. Probably because this war is not making any sense either.
I’m sorry for ranting. I just want people to remember that
when we look up to the sky,
we see clouds
we see birds
we see the beautiful blue sky
but when Palestinians look up to the sky
they see bombs
they see missiles
they see the angels of death coming down
to take the souls of their loved ones
to take the souls of the people they care about
to take the souls of themselves

God be with them and grant them heaven

4 comments:

  1. I really like this post.

    I think a lot of people have trouble looking at things past their own view, as you said. When I talk to people, I notice that they feel more sympathetic for people who are like them. Sometimes its only members of their family, other times it's countries, and then there's religion.

    However, they don't treat the people outside of their "groups" with the same kindness. I don't really think that's right. I understand being unbiased is a difficult thing, but I think we should be kind to everyone regardless of what shape, size, gender, etc.

    I think the most disturbing thing about this...is that it could happen to anyone. People might forget this at times, that we could be in the same position right now, instead of comfortably sitting at home.

    Really great post though! I wish more people thought like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I guess I was kinda hurt by the fact that many people don't realize that using hashtags like stopthewar and prayforgaza won't make it okay for them to curse and spread hate to the ones they don't side with... trying to end war by spreading hate is like trying to extinguish fire by spraying gas on it :/
      *sigh* why must we bully each other when we could just unite and pray..

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! It's okay to be hurt by all the war and hate going around. It hurts me too, and I usually have to avoid looking into it for long.

      Exactly, hate can't bring peace. Only love and unity can do that. I think we'll be able to unite as one eventually, once we've become tired of fighting each other.

      When we can overcome that, things will be much better. So don't let it bother you too much. ^_^

      Delete
    3. Haha I wish people would just listen to some good music instead of fighting... XD let's just hope that people get tired of this war quickly :3

      Delete